If there is one thing I learned from today's ultrasound, it is that this child is definitely taking after his/her daddy! The baby was NOT cooperative with taking pictures. Every time the ultrasound tech tried to get a 4D shot of the face, the baby either turned away or put its hand in front of its face. If you know T.J., you know that he is not a fan of getting pictures taken. Here is the best 4D face picture we got (sorry, I know these 4D things are a bit creepy).
You can see the hand on the side of the face sort of blocking it, but you can make out most of the facial features and the cute little ear.
The baby was very active (also like daddy!) during the ultrasound and you could see the legs and arms kicking and flailing aroung like crazy! I was actually surprised how long the arms and legs are and how easily you could see them. Unfortunately the pictures won't do justice to what we got to see, but you'll all get to see Baby P in person in about 4.5 months! Here are a few of the best shots:
Baby P's feet!
A good shot of the leg/foot
Best full body shot of Baby P. And don't get any ideas, that's the umbilical cord...not something else!! =)
Last, but not least, we took a 20 week belly shot. The bump is definitly growing. One of my freshman boys said to me last week "Wow, Mrs. P, you're belly is getting big!!" I told him I would be very offended if I wasn't pregnant, but it was cute. In comparison to the 12 week shot there's a pretty significant difference!
I am glad to be getting past the "looking fat" phase and into the "looking pregnant" phase. I am sure I'll be ready to go back soon enough!! Thanksgiving will be a blast for me this year because the waistline of maternity pants is very forgiving!!! =)This day was big in another way...we changed doctors. My old doc was great, but in St. Clair Shores (about an hour away from our house...I started going there when I still lived on the east side), so we moved to a doctor in Commerce Twp. that my friend Jamie recommended (she's a med student at the hospital I'll be delivering at now). Everyone there was very nice and it will be nice to have our appointments much closer to home. We are now certain that, barring unforseen circumstances, Baby P will be born at Huron Valley DMC Sinai Hospital in Commerce Twp. They took excellent care of me when I had my appendix out earlier this year!
The baby (and they're now measuring my belly too) are still measuring right on with my due date, and the doctor said me and the baby look very healthy and normal! Sorry it's been a while between updates but with this pregnancy getting further along and the holidays approaching, I'm sure I'll have more to update on in the near future!
No comments:
Post a Comment