Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Year of Baby P

Happy New Year everyone!!  We celebrated our last baby/babysitter-free New Year's Eve (for a loooong time anyway!) at our friends, Vince and Barb's house. Here are a couple of pictures from the evening:
A picture of the whole crew shortly after midnight!

T.J and I celebrating the new year! 

I had a fun time at the party, enjoying my sparking grape juice (it's actually quite delicious!)  They even made some non-alcoholic jello shots for me, so I didn't feel too left out of the partying fun.  T.J. was happy to have a DD!   We are extremely excited about 2011, it will likely be one of the best years of our lives because our little peanut (who is actually now the size of a small doll) will be making his/her debut!

Now that the holidays are over the Polega household is in preparing for baby mode big time!!  I think I have actually started nesting already because I have been on an organization frenzy all week!  It might also have something to do with the fact that this is the most time I'll have off before I'm too pregnant to accomplish anything!  Right now, Baby P's stuff has been delegated to a corner in the spare bedroom, although after Christmas it is sort of spreading out of the corner on me!

Baby P got lots of presents from loved ones for Christmas, in addition to a few things I (and others) have picked up along the way.  

We are starting on the nursery soon.  Right now the nursery is our "office," which is basically where we keep a desk and all of the random paperwork, books, computer stuff, etc.  All this stuff will have to find a new home soon!  Here is a before picture:

Once again, Happy New Year, and here's to high hopes that 2011 is one of the best years ever!

1 comment:

  1. Emily, you are (as I knew you would be) an excellent writer! I can just feel your excitement when I read your "Polega's Peanut" blog. Interestingly,Peanut is also what our daughter-in-law calls our grandson, Soren. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete