This spring I ordered a butterfly kit for our niece, Bella, for her birthday. When I ordered it, TJ encouraged me to get one for Macy too because he remembered one from his childhood and how cool he thought it was. Of course as a science teacher I couldn't argue, so our first summer activity was born! We recieved our cup of caterpillars, watched them make their cocoons, and hatch into butterflies! Macy thought the whole process was pretty awesome, and talks about butterflies and cocoons all the time now. I got to capture some cute photos the day we released the butterflies outside!
Proud girl with her butterfly cage
Opening up the top!
There they go!
Macy was so excited watching them "flutter" away!
Two of the butterflies were having, uhh, adult butterfly time. Macy did not understand why they weren't flying away! The bonus was she got to get a good look at them in the grass where the other ones flew away pretty quickly! This was so much fun, we'll do it again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment