I went for my 12 week check up at the doctor's office today. It feels very good to be at the end of the first trimester. Being the worrier I am, it is nice to have the piece of mind that the most delicate days of this pregnancy are almost over! Much of Baby P's major development is complete and now all he/she has to do is get bigger and stronger! The doctor checked for a heartbeat today and we unfortunately couldn't hear it. Cue slight panic from me, even though she assured me that it was normal to not be able to hear the heartbeat this early on. The bonus was I got an unexpected ultrasound out of the deal! We could see the heart beating, the baby is still measuring right with my due date, and everything looks good. The coolest part is that you can actually tell it's a baby now!!

The baby was looking right at us and you can see the head, body, arms, and you can kind of see the legs at the bottom. It was very touching and exciting to get the first real glimpse at the little peanut looking like a human. T.J. says he/she looks like a Wii character. :)
With hitting the 12 week mark, we (well, I) also decided to start the progressive belly pictures. There isn't much there yet that you can see, but most of my pants are feeling pretty tight so I can feel it!
T.J. put me over to the left side of the frame, because he said he wanted to leave space for the belly to grow. :) We are getting more and more excited to meet the little one!
No comments:
Post a Comment