Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fully Baked

Our little peanut's due date has come and gone, and he or she doesn't seem to be in any hurry to come out!  I had my 40 week doctor appointment yesterday.  The doctor said my cervix is continuing to thin out but I am still only dilated to 1 cm.  It is a little disappointing that not much has progressed in the last 3 weeks, but I am trying not to get down on it too much!  I know that this outcome is not uncommon so I'm trying to keep my chin up.

I also was sent into the hospital for a non-stress test and some blood work yesterday just to make sure the baby and I are healthy and all of the results came back excellent.  I am trying to stay focused on the fact that we are fortunate to still have a healthy baby and that's what is most important!  If I don't go into labor by next week I will be induced (not sure what day yet).  I really hope this doesn't happen because I am worried that induction = impending c-section (which I am terrified of) but we'll just wait and see!

Here's the 40 week belly photo.  When T.J. was taking it I was telling him this is hopefully the last one (for this baby anyway)!
I don't look too thrilled in this photo, but that is sort of the way I've been feeling that last couple of days!

In other news, we officially finished the nursery last week, so I thought I'd share some pictures.  It was a lot of online shopping, brainstorming (mostly on my part), and work (mostly on T.J.'s part) but I am happy with the way it turned out!
 Here's a photo of the room from the doorway

Baby P's little forest corner (thanks to Megan for helping with the decals!)

Crib with the bedding (and Boppy!)

Dresser/changing table with the tree decal.  I think the tree is my favorite part of the room.

We needed a shelf for all of the baby's cute stuffed animals! 

I couldn't resist this little mushroom stool I found at Meijer.  I waited weeks for it to go on sale before I bought it!  One of my co-workers Lesley made the "Baby Polega" picture for my school shower and I loved it so much I had to frame and hang it!


So, we're ready and waiting for Baby Polega to get here!  Hopefully the next post will be a birth announcement!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness Em! I know how you feel right now. Norah's due date came and went and I felt like I was never going to get to meet this little person. But, 5 days past her due date, there she was! I can't wait to see the next update about Baby Polega's arrival! I hope everything goes well! The nursery looks so cute!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to think about you...a thinning cervix, and a 1cm dilation are both good things. That little bumpkin will get here (getting tired of hearing THAT, I am sure!), and we will rejoice with you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete