Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Big Apple!

TJ and I went to NYC for a long weekend last weekend.  It was our first "getaway" together since having Macy.  It was also the first time I've been away from her for more than one night!  We had a great time but were very ready to see Macy when we got back...we got a pretty awesome welcome home from her too! 
We walked the Highline

...And the Brooklyn Bridge

We rode one of those super-touristy double decker busses!

We took a sunset cruise on the Hudson River.  Here's the Manhattan skyline from the boat.

We're on a boat!

Us and the Statue of Liberty (and a yacht!)

We biked through Central Park

View from our hotel room (which was right in Times Square!)

I started school this week with teacher inservice days at Caseville.  So far it's gone great and everyone on the staff is super nice!  Here is our "Back to School" picture for this year.



I thought going back would be easier this year, but it really hasn't been because Macy has had some serious separation anxiety...screaming and flipping out every morning when I drop her with the babysitter.  It's sooo sad!  I know she's been home alone with me all summer and she'll be just fine in a few days, but it isn't easy! 

School starts "for real" with kids on Tuesday, but we're looking forward to enjoying our long Labor Day weekend first!  

No comments:

Post a Comment