Thursday, January 2, 2014

Sick-Mas

What can I say about Christmas this year?  Well, I won't sugar coat it.  Christmas in the Polega household was pretty rotten!  We had a nice Christmas Eve, but that afternoon, TJ and I noticed we were starting to feel funny.  During Christmas Eve mass and dinner at my Aunt Roxanne and Uncle Dan's house things started going really downhill.  We ended up with one of the worst flus we have ever had.  High fever, chills, congestion, the works (we were spared stomach problems and are thankful for that!)  Christmas day we weren't able to go to my aunts' for family Christmas, in fact we weren't even able to open presents with Macy, or even care for Macy for that matter (thank God grandma was available to watch her).  We barely hobbled through presents on the 26th, and a few days later as we were coming out of it, Macy got it, so here we are past New Years, and I can finally say we are for the most part healthy again.  Whew!  That being said, I didn't get much for photos past Christmas Eve, but I did at least get some decent ones!

Christmas Eve morning- gifts and breakfast at Boppy and Dzia Dzia's house!







Georgia with a little wrapping paper tail!  =)

I tried to get some photos of Macy in her Christmas dress before church.  Nice one, huh?

As good as it gets!

I got this photo at my aunt's house Christmas Eve night.  I am now soooo glad I did because this was the last semi-healthy moment of our Christmas season!

This child and her faces


Macy's first gift that is bigger than her- an art easel from Uncle Randy!

Each year on Christmas morning I try to get a photo of Macy in front of the tree with her Christmas jammies on.  This year I was barely functional, so it didn't go that great.  (Money-saving bonus- we got 2 years out of these Christmas jammies which were hand-me-downs from Lily and Bella!)
 
Tried going without flash, but wasn't well enough to want to bother playing with camera settings!

The next day- Mumma and Dada rallied just long enough to get this pile of gifts opened!

Daddy's little helper!
 
Whew!  All things considered, we survived Christmas and here's hoping to a better one next year!  We were still thankful that our families are healthy and we were together for the holiday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment