We had our 37 week routine ultrasound today. Once again, Baby P was not very cooperative with getting his/her picture taken. During the 4D pictures the baby's hand was convieniently placed over half of his/her face! We got a couple of decent pictures anyway, here they are!
The baby's face was smushed up against the side of my uterus and you can see the hand in the way on the left side. You can definitely make out the nose and lips though! I think he/she has my mouth (scary!) =)
This one is sort of sad because it looks like the baby has a big frown on his/her face like saying "leave me alone!"
Here is a side profile of the foot
This is probably the best face picture we got. You can still see that little hand in the way though!
Based on the ultrasound, the doctor estimated the size of the baby at 6 lbs. 11 oz. He said that if I had the baby in 3 weeks I can expect him or her to be around 7.5-8 lbs. Considering that I was almost 10 pounds when I was born, I would be thrilled with this 7.5-8 lb outcome!! We know these estimates can be pretty off though, so I won't set my heart on anything.
The doc also checked my cervix and no dilation or anything yet, which he said isn't unusual at this point. We did confirm that baby is head down just like they should be so I hopefully won't have to worry about a breech baby! The heart rate was nice and strong at about 157 beats/minute. Overall, everything looks good!
Of course, we can't complete the 37 week report without a belly picture:
A lot of people tell me I still don't look that big, but I sure do feel like I am!
We have been on weekly visits now since last week, so we'll be keeping you posted on the little peanut's progress and eventual arrival!
You look so wonderful and glad to hear everything is going well! So exciting that the big day is getting so close! Being a mommy is the most wonderful thing in the world. Can't wait for you to experience it!
ReplyDeleteA friend of mine had a healthy baby boy yesterday morning...out of the people I know that are pregnant and ready to give birth - you're up! Hope all continues to go well over the next few weeks. Don't forget to stop and slow down! "Milk" this pregnancy for all that you can right now! We'll be thinking about you!
ReplyDelete